Monday 29 November 2010

How does my Short film conform to the short film codes and conventions?

·My short film conforms to quite a few codes and conventions of short film. Quite obviously the length of my short film conforms as it is going to be just under three minutes long and usually short films are thirty minutes or less. Short films are often shot on a low budget as more often than not is it amateur directors just starting out there career which is the reason for their short films and my short film is very typical as a short because it was shot on a very low budget I think to actually shoot it cost me £3.00 for the arcade location and that was the only real expense. The whole idea of my short film is very typical of a short film as short films can just be silly little ideas that are made in to short films and that is exactly what I have done as the narrative of my film isn’t to be taken too seriously at all as it is just a silly story of a boy who loves his childhood bear.  I have made my short film in to a stop frame animation which is quite unusual for a short film but not completely un heard of in short film, the stop frame animation and the voice over  I think works very well for my particular short as it fits in with the character and he whole weird story. Short films can sometimes be less genre specific and I think that is what mine is as there really isn’t a genre I think it can be put in, its in a random genre of its own like so many other short films. It is very typical in short film for there to be no strict boundaries at all my short film proves this and shows that absolutely anything can be made in to a short. 

No comments:

Post a Comment