Monday 29 November 2010

How have the short films that I have studied/researched influenced my own production?

I don’t think I was majorly influenced by most of the short films I watch as quite a lot of them were quite serious and had further messages within them. I also already had an idea of which I had had some deep thought about prior to out video production lessons.   I think that is why my short film I totally the opposite to most of the short films I watched as I just wanted to be different which is why my film is quirky and just a bit silly. Although I think the reason I had the courage to produce a film that I have is due to watching the crazy work of Michael Gondry of which I found slightly mad but very funny and after seeing he’s work I think I was a little influenced to work in my original idea further to make a interesting quirky film, keeping a quote by Michael Gondry in mind which was ‘Every great idea is on the verge of being stupid.’

No comments:

Post a Comment