Thursday 18 November 2010

The Edit


The editing stage of my short film is going really well. At first I thought it was going to take ages to put every single picture on the time line as there was about 1500 and I could only put them on one by one however after I had done this about 100 times I realized I was able to high light the images and move them. I found this so much easier and less time consuming although it did mean it took longer to render after they had been moved. Once I got all the images I needed on the time line I had to find a suitable duration for the each picture I started at 1 second long how ever that was far too fast and it was very hard to watch so I gradually made the duration longer and I found the right speed at 4 seconds long. Once I corrected the speed I had Miss Pemberton watch it through and she gave me some helpful feed back which was to cut out some of the images as it looked to ‘put together’ and kind of looked as if it was filmed on a camera that just had glitches in it which isn’t the look I wanted so I definitely had to cut out some frames. So over the next few editing lesson this is what I did. I found it quite difficult, as there were loads of pictures I had to look through and cut out to make it look right and more like a stop frame animation.  I can see that my short film shouldn't take that long to finish as I am almost done sorting out the images I just need to add the background music and voice over of which will all be done next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment